Thursday, April 30, 2009

Getting to know EVO

The folks at Envizions dropped off my EVO unit for review today. A couple of observations right of the gate:

This unit comes with far too many components. Some are familiar, other's not. I'm sure I'll retract this view, but its my initial thought.

The booklet said it would come with an HDMI cable. It does not. Fortunately, I have one for my PS3 i can use. It also appears to be without any games.

The instructions are out of sequence. I don't need to know how to add memory right now. I need to know how to turn the thing on, not add memory.

The system takes too long to boot up.

Navigating some start up issues- had a nice chat with the guy at EVO but have managed to figure out how to log in. But this user interface is a total mess. I can't make heads or tails of it.

Mk- Just spoke with the nice fellow at envizions. Apparently this is not ready for HD Yet even though it has an HD slot. Go figure. I'm exploring other possibilities.

Going to try hooking this up to my monitor. Wish me luck.

No comments: