Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nintendo's E-3 goodness

Just some highlights from what I read over on IGN:

1) Animal Crossing will come out at the end of the year. I know, I know, it's hardly what hardcore gamers adore, but the Gamecube and DS iterations were a lot of fun, and it's a game my mom and I have bonded over, my mom and her sister have bonded over, and me and my friend Sammy have bonded over. I've been waiting forever for the Wii version, and it looks to be truly massive, with chat capabilities and excellent online play.

2) They're making a Wii-exclusive version of Grand Theft Auto. Really, this makes my day. Screw missions, online play, advancement ... all I'm gonna do is blow up Hummers, cops, semis and whatever else crosses my path. If Nintendo is able to make it anywhere near as easy to pick up as Metroid Prime: Corruption was, this will have the potential to be more fun than any game on the system.

3) Not officially E-3 related, but the newest trailers for da Blob have me very excited. I'll be picking that up the second it comes out and tearing through it. As I've said before, I'm a sucker for non-traditional adventure/platformers with more cartoonish art styles (though I despised Zelda: Windwaker). This one has been getting excellent reviews and really, who doesn't want the chance to make a huge mess and not have to clean it up?

As for the rest of Wii's announcements, they talked about a new Wii Sports (with a beach/resort theme), Wii music (I'll pass) and Wii Snowboarding (I'll really pass). It would seem Nintendo's theory of reaching out to all is working beautifully, and I have no complaints.

No comments: