Friday, April 25, 2008

New maps

Got my first taste of the four brand-spankin' new "Call of Duty 4" maps last night. For the time being they'll have to be played separately from the usual fare- I assume that's to give all of the regular players an opportunity to download the map pack. That's fine with me and, as if the new maps weren't awesome enough, it's double experience points all weekend. I've got some catching up to do with my ranking, so thanks to Infinity for that.

All of these maps are solid, but my favorite so far is "Creek" an expansive romp through the forest where players can crawl through some natural terrain. It's very distinct from the usual "CoD" fare and I think it will be considered the best new map of the bunch.

The television station map is a close second. I'd like to thank Infinity Ward for not phoning these maps in and putting some time and effort into it, making the maps worth the wait. And I'm sure no one had a problem paying the meager $9.99.

But what I want to know is: when will the PS3 players stop being treated like the red-headed step children? Xbox has had these for a month now.

Oh well.

No comments: