Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HD goodnesss



So last night, after much soul searching a nail biting, I took the plunge- I bought a Sony Bravia 32 Inch HD TV, something that came highly recommended. I was only able to do this because of a large amount of gift cards left over from my wedding and because Target knocked $100 off the price. (It will be the last thing I ever buy at Target, but that's a story for another day.)

If I could say one thing about shopping for an HD TV- Don't settle. If you're going to spend that kind of money, why not spend an extra couple of hundred and get something really special. The HD TV has crisp, clear pictures and amazing contrast. Some of the cheaper models, while a nice size for the price, looked a bit washed out to me. And the Bravia is somewhat reasonable compared to the other T.V.'s out there.

I played "Call of Duty 4" for the first time on it last night and drooled all over myself. I bought "No Country For Old Men" on BluRay. I was most amazed at how the T.V. managed the dark hues, seperating inky blacks and blues.

I am extremely happy with it- as happy as any man could be from something so material.

But I'll be hosting a christening party for my "man-cave"/ media room very soon....

2 comments:

takean said...

Ahhhh...welcome to the better things in life....but I must warn you...there is a curse that has been put upon you now that you will never excape. From now on, when you visit family and friends...and see their "normal" tv's...ah yes...there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth while you suffer through it's square screen....lol.

We got one at an auction super cheap and love it to death! My first game to try on our hdtv was Gears of War....O the blood and gore! lol

Dan Whisenhunt said...

Yeah. I definitely won't go back to watching regular t.v. I just want more movies to come out on BluRay.