Monday, March 10, 2008

"Smash Bros. Brawl" may require some Wii-clean

Tragedy struck the gaming community this week- after two-years of anticipation for "Smash Bros. Brawl" Joystiq.com is reporitng that some of the Wii's won't play this information-packed disk because- the lens isn't clean enough!


The post is down, but I'll link it as soon as I can. As well-traveled as my Nintendo Wii is, I worry I'll be lumped into this category, too!

What a scandal.

Update- here's the info from Joystiq.com

Nintendo has swiftly replied with a North American repair form, explaining that the double-layer disc can only be read by a squeaky-clean disc drive lens. They implore you not to try to clean said lens on your own, and to send in your crudely adhered Gamecubes to Nintendo HQ for a thorough purging. We're sure they'll get your newly spruced console back to you in a timely manner -- which will likely offer little consolation to a Nintyfan scorned.

2 comments:

Chris Pittman said...

I have read similar reports on gaming message boards, but have yet to run into this myself. I have put around 15 hours into Smash without a freeze or lock-up, so far. There are a few situations, mainly during cutscene to battle transitions in SSE mode, that take the machine an extra few seconds to load.

My real gripe is the online mode. The latency is a real killer at the moment, but that could be attributed to the number of people online right now. Hopefully Nintendo will smooth it out over the next few weeks.

Dan Whisenhunt said...

Hey, can you e-mail me your friend code?