Monday, March 10, 2008

Can't wait


Today, my editor, Ben Cunningham, went about his afternoon routine, thinking he could read my story (from, you know, my real job as the education reporter) later in the afternoon. But I bugged him a bit; could you read it sooner?

The reason: I decided to pick up a copy of "Brawl" at Circuit City, thinking my Wii may be one of the ones affected by the dirty lens issue. I told Dietrich he could buy mine when it came from Wal-Mart so I could go ahead and pick up my copy.

"So, let me get this straight," Ben said. "You want to get off early so you can go home and play a video game?"

..........................................................................

But as people who already own a copy know, "Super Smash Brothers Brawl" isn't just any game; it's THE game. I just spent the last few hours gathering my bearings and beating the living bejeezus out of Donkey Kong. I seriously Pwned that Monkey, (but, of course, the computer setting was set to puny.)

The online play will need some work- I haven't been able to connect all night but hopefully that will change.

My first impressions are impressive- this is a seriously fun game. My PS3 is giving my Wii doubtful looks- my copy of "Call of Duty" privately wonders if it can gather dust sitting in a duffel bag.

Will they ever see me again?

Oh how sweet "Smash Bros." is.....

No comments: