Friday, December 14, 2007

"Call of Duty 4" + Gamefly.com woes

No column this week. I've been busy at work and getting ready for the holidays. I've also spent a lot of time playing "Call of Duty 4." It's very difficult to tear myself away from it, really.

On a not so pleasant note, I'm about to stop using Gamefly.com. I haven't gotten a game in almost a month (I finally got "Lego Star Wars" for the Wii a couple of days ago.) Their customer service is terrible. They do everything via e-mail and their phone service is impossible. When I finally got someone on the phone, they told me there was nothing they could do, it was the post office's fault. With all due respect, you shouldn't advertise a 2 to 4 day service if you can't deliver a quick turnaround. Not to mention, my company generously agreed to pay for my service. No sense in wasting their money.

(For the record: I did receive games quickly at first. Then the service just went downhill. I did get a few columns out of it, tho.)

About the only thing Gamefly.com can get right is sending me the bill. When I told them what they could do to fix the problem, they told me how I could cancel my service. I can't believe anyone would run a business this way.

I am exploring other options through competitors - I don't know if they'll be any better, but I'm tired of dealing with Gamefly.

3 comments:

Takean said...

I had gamefly a while back and stopped due to their shipping times ;p Just cheaper to rent it or buy it instead imho.

takean said...

I canceled gamefly too. Takes too long to get a game in.

Dan Whisenhunt said...

Wish I'd known that a long time ago....