Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Of arrow dancing and being killed over and over and over ...


As Dan mentioned previously, we all have DDR Hottest Party fever! Bought the game (dance pad included) this weekend and we've been stomping around like crazy dancing fools. I once upon a time owned the first DDR game for the PS2, but sold it in college because I was desperate for money. I really wish I had kept it because I miss the songs it offered! However, DDR Hottest Party is bringing back all my fond memories with some equally pleasing tracks and it offers a lot more songs than I remember the old one having. This version also incorporated hand motions into the game using the Wii remote and nunchuck. I don't like them! Half the time, the nunchuck won't register my motions and it's really frustrating. Plus, I'm trying to get reacquainted with the dance pad and worrying about where my feet go is plenty for now. Fortunately you have an option to turn off the hand motions, as well as these gimmicks that make the songs more challenging. Baby steps, we're working up to the fancy stuff. ;)

I've also been spending a lot of time playing World of Warcraft. Their Brewfest event is pretty entertaining, what with ram riding and getting completely smashed in order to see pink elekks and wolpertingers and all. I have my warlock up to level 26 now and I must say, I hate the contested areas of the game right now. These are the areas where your character becomes "flagged" for battle (if you are on a PvP server like I am) and that means my poor little warlock is fair game to any higher level alliance players that are roaming around. At level 26 I can't really do much when level 50+ alliance decides to attack me. Often I get killed in one single shot. Not fun when you are trying to quest and get stuff done to level up more. But this is all common practice on the PvP servers and I can't say I didn't see it coming...just as a newbie playing for the first time, I have experienced it and it is annoying. :)

I look forward to getting to those coveted higher levels though and returning the favor of being evil (I am with the horde after all) and killing off loads of poor, innocent, unsuspecting alliance. Mwahahahaha!

No comments: