Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wii crap?

Electronic Gaming Monthly has an article in its November issue taking a hard look at how Nintendo's standards for the Wii and DS have gone downhill. I agree there are a lot of crappy games for the Wii, but I'm not sure why they're any worse than the ones I've seen on the PS3 or Xbox 360.

They argue its easier to get games greenlighted with Nintendo than it is with the PS3 or Xbox 360. While it may increase the amount of godawful titles out there, it might give unlikely games a chance to make it onto the shelves. Just playing both sides of the argument.

So its time for another poll: are Nintendo's standards getting too low? You can vote on the right side of the blog.

2 comments:

Chad said...

While giving the lesser known games a chance, you can glut the market in the process. I have had my Wii since a couple months after launch and might have played it 5 times. None of the games appeal to me, unknown or not.

Dan Whisenhunt said...

I play my Wii a good bit, and also use it as a multi-media station. The Wiis are still red-hot right now, I think largely because of the customer base being non-traditional gamer types. I don't know if they'd have the same opinions about the games- but Nintendo's franchise stuff will usually be of better quality, as the article contends.