Monday, September 3, 2007

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

More than just about any game that has been previewed for the Wii, I wanted to get my hands on Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I am a huge fan of the first two games in the trilogy, and the thought of a first-person shooter with Wii controls had me giddy.
After surviving a crazy football weekend on the desk, with the game purchased but unopened (sheer agony, y the way, being too tired to play after I get done with work) I finally took it for a drive earlier today.
My first impression is that the controls are going to take getting used to. A lot of getting used to. There's really no way to compare it to any other first-person shooter on a console. Dual-analog control is no match for point and shoot. This game is about as close to virtual reality as there is at the moment. If you love FPSes, you'll enjoy this game.
As far as the graphics go....I could care less. This is why I owned a Gamecube and now own a Wii. So long as I can make out what's going on, how pretty it is just doesn't matter. That being said, the game is decidely pretty, though it won't compare with anything on the PS3 or X-Box 360. But again, ridiculously awesome controls, and I'm still not totally comfortable with it. Once I've locked myself in my apartment for a day playing it, I fully expect to realize the brilliance that is revolutionizing gameplay over graphics.

No comments: