Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dabbling in World of Warcraft ...


While Dan and I were at Dragon*Con, we shared our hotel room with two old friends of mine. Over the weekend we listened to them chat about playing World of Warcraft (WoW) and how Dan and I should create characters and play on their server.

A few months ago, Dan got a new computer that could actually handle computer games and he also purchased a copy of WoW. I remember he started playing around on the free trial version and he said he didn't really like it after all. So the game lay unused for some time on our computer desks.

After we got back from the convention, he dusted off the box and reinstalled the game so we could give it another go, this time with a paid account for the month.

I gotta admit, it's pretty fun and addicting. Before I realized it, I had sat in front of the computer playing for around 2.5 hours. You can get a lot done quickly and it helps that we had high level friends giving us money and items to start us out.

My character is a troll rogue named Bellatrixx, currently at level 8. I really wanted the elf but you have to purchase and install the expansion pack, which is another 40 bucks and I just don't know how into this game we are yet.

That being said, I have an itch to go level up my character some more and finish a few of the bajillion quests I'm on right now. If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, send out a group for intervention plz thx. ;)

No comments: