Friday, August 31, 2007

Made it to Dragon*Con


"Stress" sums up the whole experience of checking into Dragon*Con. But when you're working crowd control with thousands of people, things tend to get a little tense. When we got to the Hilton, the check-in line was wrapped around itself in the lobby. The line to get our Dragon*Con badges was lengthy as well, but thanks to a multitude of bullhorns (and/or extremely loud Dragon*Con staff) everything moved along. I was in the line with some girl dressed as Blueberry Tart from Strawberry Shortcake, who was busily putting away some vodka and fruit juice concoction.


I got my press badges and tried my best to coordinate all four of us so we could get to our hotel- the self-parking deck was full so we had to get the Valet, which is also full now. We got into the room, threw our bags down on our beds and sought out "Dragon*Con TV," a special convention programming channel available in all three of the host hotels.


So we're taking a moment to soak up some air conditioning, exploring our menu options for lunch and getting ready to head back out. I've got an upcoming game releases panel I'm going to at 4 p.m., and I'm gong to see science fiction author Julie Cochrane at 7 p.m.


Other than that, my shedule is wide-open. I managed to snag this picture of one of the characters from the Chronicles of Riddick.


I feel about as frazzled as I look- but at least I'm finally here.

No comments: